Here’s a quick new recipe that’s perfect for those stone fruits that are so in season and (usually) so sweet, juicy, and delicious. Normally, I eat my fruits as is to really taste those beautiful sweet juices, but sometimes, we aren’t always that lucky. My mom made the unfortunate mistake of buying very dry, mealy peaches at the supermarket. They were probably the driest, stringiest disappointments I have ever come across for stone fruits. What to do? Bake a lovely, cinnamon-spiced peach bread that’s moist and flavorful. It’s an easy quick bread that can be done in one bowl. Don’t over mix and feel free to add in different or more nuts, a streusel, and other frozen berries to make it more customized. Enjoy!
Note*** This version of the recipe is solely mine. When re-posting, please cite me and my website.
Copyright september 2016 ©
Moist and sweet quick bread filled with fresh peaches and hints of cinnamon
>>> Yields 1 8×4 loaf
-Prep: 10 min
-Bake: 50 min
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C diced and peeled peaches
- 1 1/2 C AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Optional: Microwave the peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, and vanilla extract to bring out the peach juices.
3) Combine the oil, eggs, milk, and peaches in a bowl.
4) Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix until combined. Fold in the pecans.
5) Pour the batter into a well-greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
6) Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is brown and the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
7) Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.