Looking for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack? Search no further– this yogurt cinnamon crumb cake is so perfect for any occasion. It’s a light butter-y sweet cake that is deceptively low calorie and super moist thanks to the use of greek yogurt. I’ve topped this cake off with a brown sugar pecan crumb for a delicious fall flavor.
Baking with yogurt makes for a great alternative to full-fat goods. I actually bought 2 big Costco Kirkland brand yogurts but wasn’t too crazy about how strong the cheese taste was, so I decided to use it for baking instead, hence this delicious crumb cake was born!
This delicious cake is super easy to make and absolutely mouth-watering. Feel free to make it sweeter or top it off with a variety of nuts to personalize it to your personal preferences.
Note*** This version of the recipe is solely mine. When re-posting, please cite me and my website.
Copyright feb 2017 ©
Yogurt Cinnamon Crumb Cake
Delicious and moist fall-tasting crumb cake made healthier with the addition of greek yogurt
>>> Yields 9 x 9 inch square pan
-Prep: 10 min
-Bake: 30 min
- 3/4 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C greek yogurt (fat free or whole both work)
- 2 C AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking sodaStreusel topping:
- 1/4 C AP flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C toasted chopped pecans
- 1/3 C dried cranberries
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9×9 inch square pan by buttering the bottom and sides.
2) Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixer. Add in the eggs one at a time.
3) Add in the vanilla, yogurt, and salt and mix lightly until combined.
4) Add in flour, baking powder, and baking soda and fold the batter lightly until no flour streaks remain.
5) Prepare the streusel topping by combining the flour, cinnamon, sugar, and ginger in a bowl. Add in the cold butter and mix lightly. Then add in the pecans and cranberries until everything is combined.
6) Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Then sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the batter.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven until the inside is baked (use the toothpick test) and the top is light golden brown. If it gets too brown, cover with tin foil.
8) Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Slice and serve!